Found the perfect thing on Etsy, but you’re not ready to commit to creating an account? You can check out as a guest. You can purchase most items on Etsy without an account, however there are still some things like leaving a review, or opening a case that require you create an Etsy account .
- After adding items to your Cart you can proceed to checkout, by selecting Continue as guest to complete your order.
- Choose how you’ll pay, by selecting your payment method.
- Enter your shipping information
- Select Continue to payment, you will be prompted to Create an Etsy account. You can either enter a password and continue with the registration process, or if you don’t want to connect your purchase to an account select Continue as guest.
- Select your payment method and Review your order.
- You’ll be able to choose your shipping method and add an optional note to the seller for your item.
- Select Place your order.
You’ll receive an email receipt for each shop that you purchased from. If you have a question for a seller, you can contact them by replying to the email receipt.
What’s the benefit of having an Etsy account?
While you can still purchase items on Etsy, and track the shipping status of your item without having an account. You still need an Etsy account in order to do certain things:
- Purchasing a custom item
- Contacting the seller before you purchase an item (you can only contact a seller as a guest after you’ve place an order)
- Leaving a review for an order
- Reporting a problem with an order
- Purchasing an Etsy Gift Card
- Redeeming and paying with an Etsy Gift Card
- Paying with iDeal or Sofort