Sometimes, the road traveled from there to here isn't smooth.
Considering just how much freight is on the move globally, it’s no surprise that many packages arrive ‘beaten up’ or dented.
And depending on how the contents were packed, things inside the package get bent, crushed and or broken.
Just like the new Green Willow Pepper Grass Blooms I recently received.
Sometimes you can fix the leaf bends / leaf positions and sometimes you cant because of product limitations by the design / manufacturing. So if you are willing to take a chance and use this hot water method, I recommend testing it on just one bloom initially just in case it reacts poorly to the hot water. Low quality plastics might melt and or fade in color. They can also fall part.
The following is the method I used to realign the Green Willow Pepper Grass Blooms. As you can see in the image, the end result was great!
The process is real easy and simple.
HOW TO REALIGN YOUR BLOOM
- Get a few tall shot glasses. Narrow bottom, fluted openings give you more choices how the bloom will look once reformed.
- Heat some water in microwave for 1 min. 45 seconds / 1000 watts. Do not use boiling water.
- Put a tooth pick into the stem of the bloom.
- Place your blooms into the shot glasses making sure all the leaves are positioned correctly. For a tighter appearing bloom, keep the bloom pushed towards the bottom. For a more open appearing bush, keep the bloom towards the top of the shot glass. The wider opening allows the laves to fan out more.
- Slowly pour the hot water into the shot glass. Use the tooth pick to move the bloom so that its centered.
- Now just let them sit while they soften. The water will naturally start to cool down (room temperature) so you can remove them after about 30-45 minutes.
- Stick the tooth pick into a piece of foam so that the bloom is standing upright while it dries.